The history bit
- Construction of an oil storage facility in New Ross
- Commenced trading in New Ross in 1978
- Acquired storage facilities in Dundalk
- Negotiated supply agreement with Whitegate Refinery Cork
- Acquired Ormonde Oil in 1985
- Established a network of Service Stations and branded Authorised Distributors
- The Direct to Consumer business is setup, serving domestic home heating oil and commercial customers
- Acquired Halpin Oil
- Stafford Holdings acquires the Clashfern Group, merging Campus Oil & Stafford Oil
- Acquired O’Neill Oil
- The business is rebranded as Campus Oil
- Acquired the Clarke Group
- The business is centralised at a new head office in Sandyford Dublin
This decade so far…..
- 2013: A new flagship service station is opened at East Wall Road Dublin
- 2014: Dunkeen & Hamill Oil are appointed as Authorised Distributors
- 2015: McGuckian Oil is appointed as a Authorised Distributor for Cork
- 2015: Campus Oil relocates head office to La Vallee House Bray
The four channels of Campus Oil’s fuel distribution are:
- Direct to the consumer (home heating, commercial & agri)
- Retail service/petrol stations
- Wholesale supply to third party distributors
- Fuel cards
Campus Oil is a subsidiary of the Stafford Group and is the largest supplier of oil direct to the customer in the eastern half of Ireland.
Campus Oil distributes from 12 locations stretching from Counties Louth to Wexford, and operates a network of authorised distributors across the midland, west coast and Munster regions.
This extensive supply network coupled with service excellence and leading-edge technology places Campus Oil at the forefront of oil distribution in the country.
The Stafford Group
The Stafford Group us a fourth generation family-owned private company. From its genesis in the shipping sector, the Group has evolved significantly over the years and currently employs over 800 staff throughout Ireland.